September 10th, 2022
at Houston Dynamo | PNC Stadium
in partnership with the
Brazilian Women Foundation and Houston Latin Fest,
and the support of the
Consulate-General of Brazil in Houston,
hosted a Brazilian Carnival Parade to celebrate the
200 years of Independence of Brazil.
HOW DID IT WORK?
The theme for the 2022 edition was the city of
The parade was divided into sections called ‘alas’ or wings that represented different aspects of the city, with each wing consisting of approximately 30 members or more wearing the same costume.
Photos by Leo Queiroz
The 2022 edition of Samba Houston Carnival Parade was held at
HOUSTON DYNAMO | PNC STADIUM.
YES, I WANT TO PARTICIPATE!
AFTER THE PARADE
After the parade, participants* and spectators** will have the opportunity to watch the match
Houston Dynamo FC vs. Sporting Kansas City
in a reserved section of the stadium.
* ticket included ** ticket sold separately
1. How do I pick up my costume?
Costumes must be picked up at Samba Houston's rehearsal. Once you finalize registration and payment, we will contact you to arrange it.
2. Do I need to attend rehearsals?
Ideally, yes. We kindly request participants who will be part of the parade to attend at least 2 rehearsals in order to understand how it is gonna work. If you are coming from another city and/or cannot attend it, please let us know in advance.
3. Are minors allowed to be part of the parade?
Yes, as long as accompanied by an adult.
4. In which part of the the stadium will the parade take place?
The parade will be held at the Beer Garden, right in front of the main entrance.
5. May I have an entire section exclusively for my friends/colleagues?
Yes, as long as your group has at least 30 participants. Otherwise we may add other participants to complete the required amount.
6. We play in another "bateria" that will attend the parade, could we perform with Samba Houston?
Yes, all "baterias" are welcome to join us. Please contact us in advance to arrange the details.
7. Are the pictures above actual pictures from Samba Houston Carnival Parade?
No, they are not. Those pictures are from the Rio Carnival 2022 Opening Event at "Cidade do Samba", which inspired us to host our first carnival parade ever.